Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Transparency and Confession Time

So it's like this.

Transparency: I really am a beginner. I am here to learn from and with you all, but I feel kinda shammy having a garden blog and one sad little garden.


See my plants:
Yellow Lookin' Basil

 One very small, stunted tomato :(



Happy (I hope) Tomato

Lettuce. Fixin to bolt. Which is fine at this time in the season, but it was kinda bitter???

Crook neck. He's ok. Pretty much happy I think, I went to town on fertilizer on this guy cos he was yellow.
*BUT* When we ate some of the fruit, before, it was kinda woody. Do I need to water more?

As you can see my garden is all in containers, we are just renting and have only been living in our current state (Californ-I-A) for a couple months so we are definitely not permanent here and that leads me to the confession...

Confession: I wanna homestead!! Waaaa. Maybe not so shocking on a gardening blog, but I want to remain in my pencil skirts, heels and lipstick. I want to always be close to a city. I love girls nights out and malls. This inner homesteading desire really is kind of a secret inner burning. 

There. Now you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment